Thursday, October 2, 2008

Health Update

Sorry for the late update on my health. With school, work and getting ready for baby Scott, I find it harder and harder to catch up on my blog...At the end of September, I had a mid-pregnancy MRI, which revealed no growth with my tumor!!! Praise the Lord! It was a huge relief for Jim and I and our family to find out this great news! The doctor had told us before we got pregnant that he would do surgery to remove the mass during pregnancy if it had grown at all. So...we were ecstatic to know that I would not have to face surgery and that we could then concentrate on baby Scott. In the weeks and days before my appointment, I felt such peace over the entire situation that could only have come from God. A few years ago, I could not have said this about myself, since I have always been one that's anxious about everything. Through this two year journey with my health, the Lord has taught me so much about trusting in Him and not relying on my own strength. I know that His peace over me is truly because of your prayers. I can't express how grateful I am for every single one of them. I am so blessed to have an amazing church group, friends and family that lift me up in prayer on a regular basis. I will ask for your continued prayer for my next appointment in February, soon after the baby is born. The doctor said that this will be the "true test" since my hormones will be even more elevated towards the end. I have comfort in knowing that my health is in God's hands and He has a wonderful plan for me. Knowing this takes all my fears away! Thank you all for blessing my life!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Praise the Lord, He is so good to those who believe! We are so thankful for a wonderful report. Love y'all!

Calista said...

I'm so happy to hear that you can relax and truely enjoy this pregnacy knowing that you are ok. I will of course keep you in my prayers that you will have a safe pregnacy and that God will heal you from this mass. Thank you for your sweet phone call about my mother. My cell phone is dead and I don't have your number written down anywhere. We still don't know anything yet. She goes to the doctor next week. Anyway thank you so much for you prayers. You are such a sweet friend and can't wait to celebrate with you at your baby shower. Love you and will call when my phone is working.